Stuff Worth Sharing / No. 000 / edmundmitchell.com
- Put on some headphones and rock to this track: Listen to the Storm by Puppet.
- Why offensive lineman don't really have stats and how they're evaluated. I've been thinking (again) about how to measure success or effectiveness in ministry, which led me to write my half-baked thoughts on Facebook.
- Super hipster gift idea: vintage locking bank bags. Think small organizer bag. Related idea is an actual money bag, which would be awesome to keep a bunch of socks in. (tip o' the hat to ROTL)
- Video: The Inner Game of Tennis. Watch as the author of the same-titled book takes a woman who has never played tennis and gets her playing a full game in an extremely short amount of time, all by getting her to let go of trying. Read the book too.
- Fr. Raniero Cantalamessa's Advent homilies to the Papal Household have been buried treasure for years. This year's homily for the third week of Advent on the "sober intoxication" was particularly good. Read the book he wrote about it too.
- Zach Anner of Soul Pancake interviewing a lovely Catholic homeschooling mother of lots of kids is really great. I don't know how much editing was done but she explained aspects of the faith in the clearest way I've heard in a long time.
- Penny and Sparrow's rendition of Simon & Garfunkle's 7 O'Clock News / Silent Night is haunting and probably exactly what you need to hear right now. Don't miss the video description either.
Stuff Worth Sharing is a curated weekly newsletter from the desk of Edmund Mitchell sent every Friday.